Friday, November 02, 2007

Another hero - Massa

Massa, starting from pole position, dominated the opening stages of his home race, but when Räikkönen moved ahead following their second pit stops, the Brazilian did not contest the lead, knowing that his team mate needed victory to become champion.

“I wish to congratulate Kimi and thank Felipe, who again today demonstrated his loyalty to Ferrari,” commented Todt. “Without his help, we would have not reached this result."

“I am happy to have helped my team mate, who was the only one of us still in with a chance of taking the title,” added Massa. “I am proud to have done it for Ferrari who believed in me even when I was not in Formula One. After everything that has happened this year, both on and off the track, it is great to be able to celebrate two world titles.

Räikkönen, too, expressed gratitude to his team mate: “Felipe's help was vital and he was amazing. We had to get a one-two and then see what the others did. This time, things went our way and the unexpected did happen.”

No comments: